Pedals are one of the most important contact points on the bike for mountain bikers, but choosing the right ones for you can be a minefield. Luckily, BikeRadar Bargains is here to get you clued up on the best deals with four of our favourite mountain bike pedals from around the web.
Shimano PD-M520 —
£34.99 £19.99 / $44.99 $23.99
The M520 is one of the most popular mountain bike pedals out there, and with good reason — their reliability is legendary, they're stupidly easy to service and yet are still one of the cheapest options available.
At full RRP, these super simple double-sided pedals are a bargain, but with up to 47 percent off at some retailers they're an even more compelling buy.
- UK: Buy the Shimano PDM520 with a 43% discount from Chain Reaction Cycles
- US: Buy the Shimano PDM520 with a 47% discount from Amazon
Shimano XT M8020 Trail pedals —
£89.99 £60.99 / $119.99 $64.95
If you're looking for a clipless pedal with a bit more support, Shimano's burly M8020 pedals are a great shout.
Weighing in at 402g, you pay a small weight penalty over the non-trail version of the pedals, but we reckon it's worth the moderately extra heft.
- UK: Buy the Shimano XT M8020 Trail pedals with a 22.5% discount from Merlin
- US: Buy the Shimano XT M8020 Trail pedals with a 46% discount from Backcountry
Nukeproof Horizon Pro Flat Pedals —
£69.99 £62.99 / $93.99 $83.99
The Horizon Pro has long been a favourite among BikeRadar's test team — with 10 pins per side, a slightly concave platform and a reasonably competitive weight, these are a great option for those looking for an entry-level flat pedal.
The pedals are rarely heavily discounted, but there's a small 10 percent discount currently at Chain Reaction Cycles.
- UK: Buy the Nukeproof Horizon Pro Flat Pedals with a 10% discount from Chain Reaction Cycles
- US: Buy the Nukeproof Horizon Pro Flat Pedals with a 11% discount from Chain Reaction Cycles
CrankBrothers Mallet Enduro pedals —
£130 £92.48 / $169.99 $94.95
CrankBrothers' Mallet E is one of our favourite clipless pedals, with unmatched mud-clearing capabilities, a wide cage to provide lots of support and a generous number of pins to help grip if you're struggling to clip in.
Thankfully, CrankBrothers has moved way past the bad old days, with far better reliability than old.