BikeRadar US is hiring a tech writer who can work from home in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado. Does this sound like you or someone you know? Then read on.
BikeRadar US Tech Writer Job Description
As staff writer, working from home, you will be responsible for maintaining and providing the highest level of editorial coverage for BikeRadar, the world’s largest cycling reviews website. The position requires a natural interest in cycling and cycling technology, and the ability to communicate quickly and clearly in a variety of mediums. This full-time salaried position requires some travel to cycling events.
As staff writer, you will be:
- Producing complete news articles, which involves daily writing, basic photo editing and CMS work
- Editing copy from BikeRadar staff and contributors
- Planning, scheduling and posting content on social media
- Traveling to product launches and races to find and report news
- Working with BikeRadar’s global teams in Australia and the UK on a regular basis
- Contributing to video content, with research, script-writing, presenting and voiceovers
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry contacts and within the company
- Testing product and writing reviews
- Photographing bikes and gear
- Strong writing ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated photography skills
- Understanding of cycling technology
- A love of bikes!
- Mechanic experience, for a shop and/or a race team
- Bike industry experience
- Journalism degree
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Home office in or near Boulder, Colorado