PEATY AND MOSELEY TOP THE LEADER BOARD IN FRANCE.Top Brits Tracy Moseley and Steve Peat have won the second round of the UCI World Cup at Les Deus Alpes, France.
Three Brits were in the top ten in both the men's and women's competition.
Tracey was just .14 of a second quicker than home turf girl Anne Caroline. Also inside the top ten were Helen Gaskell (7th) and Fionn Griffiths (9th).
Peaty took first place over Gracia with a fairly substantial margin of 5.77 seconds. Gee Atherton came 5th and Neil Donoghue joint 9th with Kirt Voreis.
The results for the men and women almost mirror each other, a Brit in 1st, followed by two Frenchies, with 3 Brits in top ten for both men and women..spooky.
Gee's fifth place gave him his first ever World Cup podium finish, while Anja Rees Jones took 14th, her personal best.
Our own Will Longden came a respectable 15th despite having a broken hand.
Greg Minnaar was conspicuous by his absence after his Fort William win. His Honda team is concentrating on the NORBA rounds in the USA which clash with WC RDs 2 and 3. So we'll have to wait a while to see if the new bike gives Greg a real equipment advantage.
1. Steve Peat (GBr) Team Orange 3:08.52 0
2. Cedric Gracia (Fra) Siemens Mobile Cannondale 3:14.29 5.77
3. Mickael Pascal (Fra) Maxxis-Msc 3:14.78 6.26
4. Samuel Hill (Aus) 3:16.52 8.00
5. George Atherton (GBr) 3:18.52 10.00
1. Tracy Moseley (GBr) Kona Clarks Les Gets 3:37.40 0
2. Anne-Caroline Chausson (Fra) Commencal-Oxbow 3:37.54 at 0.14
3. Sabrina Jonnier (Fra) 3:42.67 5.27
4. Marielle Saner (Sui) Maxxis-Msc 3:44.44 7.04
5. Vanessa Quin (NZl) 3:45.12 7.72
For more info click HERE