Londoners with an idea for a community-based project involving cycling could now access cash to get their schemes off the ground.
Up to £5000 per project is available from the Community Cycling Fund for
The type of projects which could benefit from grant aid include:
• cycle reycling through bike maintenance workshops
• cycle riding skills to build confidence
• learning how to ride a bike
• fun leisure rides to improve health and fitness
• creating cycling facilities to promote access to local shops and recreational facilities
• establishing a pool of bikes for use in your community
• training local community members in cycle-related skills
If you have an idea for cycling project, or if you have an existing scheme that merits an injection of cash, download an application form from: www.lcc.org.uk/community. You’ve got until May 16 to complete it and make you pitch.