Fox Racing Shox have released limited edition World Championship versions of their 40 RC2 downhill fork and DHX RC4 rear shock.
It comes after Fox-sponsored downhillers Gee and Rachel Atherton, of team Animal-Commencal, rode to victory in this summer's UCI World Championships in Val di Sole, Italy.
Just 200 individually numbered units will go on sale in mid-December. They will feature special decals emblazoned with the Athertons' rainbow stripes.
The 40 RC2 limited edition has the same damping that was tested, tuned and won on throughout the season and comes with a stiffer titanium spring than the 2009 production model. The DHX RC4 is a new, from-the-ground-up, purpose-built downhill shock. The World Champion version has been tuned and tweaked to perform at the highest level.
Mario Galasso, vice president of Fox’s bike division, said: “These limited edition products are the culmination of hundreds of hours of testing and working with our engineers, race support team and athletes. We work year-round with the world’s best athletes to develop and improve our products so we can win world championships and, ultimately, deliver products to the consumer that are best in class."
Race manager Mark Fitzsimmons said: “The harder these products are ridden, the more rewarding the ride becomes." Trading cards with Rachel and Gee’s photos and statistics will be included in the package, as well as videos of their winning runs on the owner’s manual CD.
40 RC2 World Champion
- Weight: 6.83lbs (3.09kg), including axle
- Travel: 8in (203 mm)
- External adjustments: low speed compression, high speed compression, coil spring preload, rebound
- Internal adjustments: travel can be reduced to 6in in half-inch increments, hydraulic bottom-out, spring rate
- Disc brake tabs: IS
- Steerer: 1 1/8in
- Spring: titanium
- Colour: white
DXH RC4 World Champion
- Weight: 0.99lbs (447g), not including reducers or spring
- Adjustments: externally adjustable velocity sensitive damping (DSC), high speed compression, low speed compression, bottom-out force (via Schrader valve), bottom-out progressiveness, rebound, coil spring preload
- Length: 9.5 x 3.0