Want to crow about your latest ride on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram? Strava has just pushed live its new Social Sharing feature, which lets you add key stats like distance and pace to an activity map or photo from your adventure.
- Best iPhone and Android apps for cycling
- Top 5 pro cyclists to follow on Strava
- Join BikeRadar's Strava club
You’ll need to be running the latest version of the Strava app, and you can share the image you’ve created on any smartphone app you use that has sharing functionality, like WhatsApp, Skype or LinkedIn… okay maybe not that last one.
- Within the Strava smartphone app, select a GPS-based activity, and click on that activity in your feed or activity view.
- If you’ve attached photos to your activity then you’ll be prompted to select what you’d like to share (photos or a map), and if you haven’t attached photos then you’ll share a map of your ride.
- From there, choose where you’d like to share this activity. You can share to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other apps that you use that have sharing functionality. You can also share the image in a text message or email.
- Bask in the glory of your new humblebrag (“Bit tired today, only managed 117km” or whatever).
So is this going to encourage even more Strava-based competition, what do you think? Let us know in the comments below.