Spanish component and clothing company Spiuk will be the sponsor of the Percy Stallard road race series in 2008. The Stallard series is the flagship road racing series of the UK’s League of Veteran Racing Cyclists, which caters for 0ver-40 riders.
The Stallard series comprises ten events round the UK and in 2007 was extremely popular. Several events were over-subscribed and the LVRC says that there will be a three-week cut-off for entries in the 2008 series.
Spuik is represented in the UK by Velotech whose director Robin Corder, who is himself a veteran racer. “It is the 40+ riders who support the cycle industry most,” Says Corder, “and this is a way of putting something back into the sport.” Velotech has supported the Stratford C.C. Stallard series events for the past three seasons.
South-east series dates announced
The details of the Stallard series have not yet been finalized, but the LVRC has announced dates for its 2008 SE England Tricot Jersey Series. The series will comprise eight races, starting 27 April and running to 19 October with a double-points finale that will also include the season award ceremony.
2008 SE England Tricot Jersey Series dates
- Event #1 - Sunday, 27 April: Epsom Spring Classic, Bletchingley (road)
- Event #2 - Sunday, 18 May: De Laune Road Race, Bletchingley (road)
- Event #3 - Sunday, 8 June: Kingston Wheelers Classic, Dunsfold (road)
- Event #4 - Sunday, 15 June: Ciclisti Vecchi , Dunsfold (road)
- Event #5 - Saturday, 5 July: SWRC Follicly Challenged, Kirdford (road)
- Event #6 - Sunday, 13 July: VC Deal - circuit races, Fowlmead (circuit)
- Event #7 - Sunday, 17 August: V C Bayeux, Horsmonden (road)
- Event #8 - Sunday, 19 October: Double Point Festival Finale, Ellens Green (road)