Online retailers Wiggle have announced details of their 2012 Super Series – a packed schedule of 25 road and mountain bike challenges.
First on next year’s agenda is the No Excuses Sportive. Just before Christmas, organisers UK Cycling Events will give their own present to riders in the form of free entry. This will be limited to 1,000 people and is likely to be snapped up fast. There’s just one catch; should you enter and not show up, you'll be charged £25, with all profits going to charity. A date for the event will be announced soon.
The Wiggle Wight Ferry Sportive – where riders start in the New Forest, take a ferry over to the Isle of Wight and do a lap of the island before returning to the mainland – will have an increased capacity for 2012. So will both the New Forest Spring Sportive and New Forest 100 Sportive.
A Season Pass will be available, which will give the first 100 people who apply a 40 percent discount and automatic entry to every event in the calendar. All events include feed stations, mechanical support, chip timing, marked courses, massages, bike wash facilities and finishers’ medals.
2012 Wiggle Super Series calendar
- Southern Rough Ride - 11 March
- New Forest Spring Saturday Sportive - 14 April
- New Forest Spring MTB - 14 April
- New Forest Spring Sunday Sportive - 15 April
- Ups and Downs MTB - 28 April
- Ups and Downs Sportive - 29 April
- Jurassic Beast - 13 May
- Bournemouth Sportive - 27 May
- Sussex Surrey Scramble - 10 June
- Long One - 23 June
- South Downs Epic - 24 June
- Mega Meon - 1 July
- Wight Ferry Sportive - Saturday - 7 July
- Wight Ferry Sportive - Sunday - 8 July
- Haywards Heath Howler - 29 July
- Mendips Sportive - 12 August
- Steeple Chase - 19 September
- Falling Leaves MTB - 6 October
- New Forest 100 Saturday Sportive - 6 October
- New Forest 100 Sunday Sportive - 7 October
- South Downs 100 - 21 October
- Devil Punch Sportive - 4 November
- Purbeck Hill a Saurous MTB - 18 November
- Wight Winter Sportive - 2 December