Bike Night is a mass participation community cycling event at the Castle Combe motor racing circuit in Wiltshire, UK on Tuesday 17 June.
The event is aimed at people of all ages to complete as many miles as possible in the three hours available. The gates open at 18:00 and participants can ride as many or few laps as they like.
Bike Night is part of the UK’s national Bike Week, a national umbrella for locally organised events and activities designed to get people on bikes up and down the country. Families are at the heart of Bike Week 2008, and the Bike Night is promoting cycling as a means of bringing families together.
Activities at Bike Night include
- British Cycling Go Ride Skills course will be available for young riders.
- Performance by Rich Johnson, stunt rider
- John’s Bikes display stand and shop
- North Wiltshire Council information on local cycling routes.
- Refreshments on site
- Disabled Cycles will be available for disabled riders
- GWR FM “Thunderbirds”
- Tandem riding offering less able-bodied persons the opportunity to have a ride around the famous Castle Combe race track
- Presentation of Sport England “Clubmark” award to Chippenham Wheelers
- Everyday Cycling