GB Women make pursuit team final
The British women’s pursuit team booked their place in the final of the women’s 3km event after topping qualifying.
Rebecca Romero, who won individual pursuit gold on Thursday, teamed up with Wendy Houvenaghel and Joanna Roswell to post a time of 3min 25.725sec.
Ukraine finished second fastest in 3:26.565 and will now meet Britain in the final later Friday.
Germany finished third fastest in 3:28.511 and will now meet Belarus, who clocked 3:29.670, for the bronze medal.
Ahead of the first gold medal events on the third day of the championships Britain have already won four golds from a total of seven events.
Team pursuit Qualifying
1. Great Britain (Wendy Houvenaghel, Rebecca Romero, Joanna Rowsell) 3min 25.725,
2. Ukraine (Yelizaveta Bochkarova, Lesya Kalitovska, Lyubov Shulika) 3:26.565,
3. Germany (Charlotte Becker, Verena Joos, Alexandra Sontheimer) 3:28.511,
4. Belarus (Alena Amialyusik, Aksana Papko, Tatsiana Sharakova) 3:29.670,
5. Russia 3:30.320, 6. Netherlands 3:31.596, 7. Belgium 3:35.594
Great Britain v Ukraine
Germany v Belarus