Spend the evening with the 2008 Slipstream/Chipotle Professional Cycling Team at the Boulder Theatre in Boulder, Colorado, on November 14, 2007, and you could win something memorable.
The main attraction of the evening will be the introduction of the 2008 team, including an open forum Q & A with the riders. The event will culminate with a live auction, which will include special contributions from David Millar, David Zabriskie, and the Davis Phinney Foundation, an organization designed to accelerate Parkinson’s research through collaborative funding, and to explore the positive effects of exercise on Parkinson’s patients. All proceeds will benefit the Davis Phinney Foundation. Additional auction items could include:
– A 2008 Team edition Felt F1 Bicycle to be ordered to your specifications
– A Zipp 808 wheelset
– An evening with team physiologist Allen Lim
– A day with Slipstream rider Lucas Euser
– Dinner with Jonathan Vaughters and David Millar at Boulder’s finest restaurant, Frasca, including special menu prepared by Chef Lachlan MacKinnon-Patterson paired with a selection of wines from Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey
– A fully customized saddle from team sponsor, Fizik
– Ionos, Advantage TT helmets, New Havic eyewear among other top gear from Giro
– Apparel package from new clothing sponsor Pearl Izumi
– A gourmet burrito card good for a year of free burritos from Chipotle
The event will include a screening of the pilot for the team’s reality TV show, which will potentially air this year, a short film highlighting the history of Slipstream’s rise to the top of American cycling, and a film showcasing the tumultuous career of new Slipstream star, David Millar.
Ticket packages are detailed below. Tickets are available on the Team Slipstream website. Supplies are limited, so fans are encouraged to purchase as soon as possible.
VIP: A limited number of VIP tickets are available. The VIP doors will open at 6 pm on November 14, and ticket holders will receive full VIP treatment at the event, including:
– Exclusive happy hour with hors d’ouevres and wine prior to opening the doors with the 2008 team
– Front row table seating for the evening
– VIP access to our 2008 fan club, including exclusive web-content and discounts to selected 2008 sponsors, including Pearl Izumi
– Cost: US$500 plus additional donation of your choice to the Davis Phinney Foundation
General Admission: Additionally, a limited number of general admission tickets will be available for purchase on October 24th. General admission doors will open at 7pm on November 14, and ticket holders will receive:
– Membership to the 2008 Team Slipstream/Chipotle Fan-club, including exclusive web-content and updates from racing around the world
– Cost: US$25
© BikeRadar 2007