The first round of the Merida Bikes MTB Marathon Series powered by Mountain Biking UK takes place on 11-12 April in Builth Wells, mid-Wales.
The Exposure Lights Big Night Out night marathon kicks off the marathon series on the evening of 11 April on a 50km course with around 1,400m of climbing. Exposure Lights will be there showing off their latest lights and offering advice on what to look out for when buying your next set of lights too.
The Merida Bikes MTB Spring Marathon takes place on 12 April using three courses of varying difficulty – a 25km course (600m of climbing), 50km course (1,200m of climbing) and a 70km course (1,900m of climbing).
Event organisers have invested in new shower facilities for 2009, and an MTB Marathon guidebook packed with information and stories from the world of marathon riding and TransUK racing has been produced for this year too, free of charge.
To enter or for more information, go to www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/entry_forms/entry_forms.php.
Other events in the Merida Bikes MTB Marathon Series 2009:
- 15-16 May – Crickhowell (MTB marathon to be run on Sunday)
- 4-5 July – Llanwrtyd Wells (Gore Bike Wear Sportive to be run on Saturday and the MTB Marathon on Sunday)
- 18 July – ‘Merida Marathon on holiday’ Bad Goisern, Austria
- 1-2 August – Selkirk (Gore Bike Wear Sportive to be run on Saturday and the MTB Marathon on Sunday)
- 19-20 September – Ruthin (Gore Bike Wear Sportive to be run on Saturday and the MTB Marathon on Sunday)