The dates and booking site has now been unveiled for this year’s Merida Marathon series, and this year it’s being run in parallel with a road sportive ride.
As has been the set up in previous years, there’ll be four different course lengths so there should be something for every ability of rider. Courses are approximately 25, 50, 75 and 100km long and will be held in Wales, Cumbria and the Scottish borders.
All marathons are non-competitive one loop affairs, with the start and finish located in the event village. Riders can look forward to the pre-ride ‘carbo loading’ pasta party, and the finishing t-shirt when they cross the line.
For the 2008 season the following events and dates are in the series:
- 1st round – April 12 -13, 2008 in Builth Wells, Wales
- 2nd round – May 24 – 25, 2008 in Ruthin, Wales
- 3rd round – July 5 – 6, 2008 in Builth Wells, Wales
- 4th round – August 2 – 3, 2008 in Selkirk, Scotland
- 5th round – September 13 – 14, 2008 in Penrith, Cumbria
For your downloadable entry form and to find out more about the Merida Marathon Series and the road sportive which runs parallel to the event go to www.mtb-marathon.co.uk.