The Merida Bikes MTB Marathon Series has announced details of its six UK rounds for 2008. New for 2008 are road sportives on the Saturday of four of the event weekends, with the mountain bike marathons as usual occupying Sunday.
The MTB marathons will follow their usual format with registration, skills classes, pasta party and event village on each Saturday.
The road events – dubbed the Gore Bikewear Sportives – will cover two distances, a classic sportive at 80-100 miles and a shorter 40-50 mile ride. Courses will be fully marked and riders will be issued backup maps in case of problems with course markings.
The mountain bike marathons will feature the four popular route lengths of 25km (Mini marathon), 50km, 75km and the classic 100km course, except for the Aviemore round which will be20, 40 and 60km.
The series will also make it’s traditional visit to Austria for the ‘On Holiday’ event in Bad Goisern.
Merida MTB Series for 2008
- April 12-13: Marathon (Saturday) and Spring Marathon (Sunday), Builth Wells, Wales
- May 24-25: Road Sportive (Saturday) and MTB Marathon (Sunday), Ruthin, Wales
- June 21-22: Details TBD, Aviemore, Scotland
- July 5-6: Road Sportive (Saturday) and MTB Marathon (Sunday), Builth Wells, Wales
- July 12: MTB Marathon “On Holiday”, Bad Goisern, Austria
- August 2-3: Road Sportive (Saturday) and MTB Marathon (Sunday), Selkirk, Scotland
- September 13-14: Road Sportive (Saturday) and MTB Marathon (Sunday), Penrith, Cumbria