The second series of the Qashqai Urban Challenge is taking place this weekend, April 25 and 26 with forty riders set to hit the course in Milan’s Parco Sempione.
Along with the top 15 riders from last year’s series – including superstars like Andreu Lacondeguy, Paul Basagoitia, Ben Boyko, Greg Watts and Lance McDermott – the first two Nissan Qashqai Challenge Open events in Milan and Madrid will give forty other riders the chance to battle for ten places in the final Challenge events.
In the final Nissan Qashqai Challenge events, the world’s best twenty five riders will compete for the overall “Most Urbanproof” title and the sport’s biggest prize purse of $250,000.
General admission to all the Nissan Qashqai Challenge events is free. On site, spectators will find an EXPO-area and wide screen LED-walls, showing live runs and judging results.
Here are the dates to put in your diary:
- Saturday April 25, 26 – Nissan Qashqai Challenge Open: Milan, Italy
- Saturday May 2, 3 – Nissan Qashqai Challenge Open: Madrid, Spain
- Sunday May 11 – Nissan Qashqai Challenge: Munich, Germany, 1 day event
- Saturday May 17 – Nissan Qashqai Challenge: Paris, France, 1 day event
- Saturday May 24 – Nissan Qashqai Challenge Grand Final: London, UK, 1 day event
The following riders gained automatic entry into this year’s Challenge through their ranking in the Qashqai Challenge 2007:
- Darren Pokoj (AUS)
- Ben Boyko (CAN)
- Brandon Semenuk (CAN)
- Darren Berrecloth (CAN)
- Benny Korthaus (GER)
- Amir Kabbani (GER)
- Andreu Lacondeguy (ESP)
- Lance McDermott (UK)
- Grant Fielder (UK)
- Paul Basagoitia (USA)
- Cameron McCaul (USA)
- Greg Watts (USA)
- KyleStrait (USA)
- Adam Hauck (USA)
- Jamie Goldman (USA)