The Louisville Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is taking a novel approach in encouraging riders to use the bike racks mounted on the city’s buses – a how-to rap video.
Performed by Mr. Theo, a TARC employee along with the TARCettes, a group of TARC bus drivers, the rap gives instructions on how to use the rack properly.
The written instructions are fairly standard:
- Remove any loose items that could fall off (tyre pump, water bottle, etc.).
- Always load (and unload) your bike from curbside, never from the traffic lane.
- Let the driver know that you want to load your bike.
- Squeeze the handle and pull down to lower the rack.
- Lift your bike onto the rack position nearest the bus, handlebars towards the curb.
- Pull the support arm out and up over the top of your bike’s front tyre.
But this is nothing compared to the rhythmic flow and lyrical wisdom of MC Theo and his pals.
To see the video click below.