Shimano American has stepped up to sponsor both the Northern California High School MTB Racing League and the Southern California Interscholastic Cycling League, a few days before the first race of the season.
“We’re delighted that Shimano has come on board,” said Tyler Dibble, Communications Director of the NorCal League. “This brand has long been one of the greatest innovators in cycling, and, as an organization that is pushing the envelope ourselves, we feel a sense of kinship. We are very pleased to be working with Shimano to provide great mountain bike races for high school athletes.”
The Shimano sponsorship combines cash and product contributions to support the League’s sophisticated race results and team scoring program (developed by volunteer Francis Chapman), which includes features such as on the fly Wi-Fi broadcast and automatic team scoring. To honour the company’s support, the League will use “Results cranked out by Shimano”.
Shimano’s product support will allow the League’s volunteer mechanic, Lincoln Linsmith, to provide neutral support at the (NorCal) races.
The NorCal racing program:
- March 1, Central Coast Invitational, East Garrison at Fort Ord, Monterey, California
- March 15, Granite Bay Invitational, Folsom Lake, California
- April 5, Mountain Goat Challenge, Pilarcitos Canyon at Fort Ord, Monterrey, California
- April 26, Brown’s Ravine Invitational, El Dorado Hills, California
- May 17, State Championship, Boggs Mountain, Cobb, California
The SoCal racing program:
- March 8, Vail Lake Challenge, Vail Lake Resort, Temecula, California
- March 22, Warner Ranch Roundup, Warner Springs, California
- April 5, Lake Arrowhead Challenge, Lake Arrowhead, California
- May 3, Cow Pie Classic, Los Olivos, California
Racing categories for both the NorCal and SoCal series’ include Freshman/Sophomore, Junior Varsity, and Varsity.
For more information, visit www.norcalmtb.org and www.socaldirt.org.