US endurance mountain bike series set for fourth season
The National Ultra Endurance (NUE) series, a popular American series of 100-mile mountain bike races, will return for its fourth season in 2009.
Organisers announced the complete schedule, again with eight events as in 2008.
Winners will be tallied from the best four event results compiled by each racer. Ties will be broken at the finale in California.
Unlike some events and teams which are facing sponsorship shortages for 2009, the NUE will continue with its current support. “All 2008 sponsors are returning in 2009,” said one of the co-organisers, Ryan O’Dell, who also promotes the Mohican 100 in Ohio.
Jeff Schalk and Cheryl Sornson (both of Trek / VW) won the men’s and women’s categories of the series in 2008.
NUE Series for 2009
- Saturday, April 25: Cohutta 100 (Tennessee)
- Saturday, May 30: Mohican 100 (Ohio)
- Saturday, June 20: Lumberjack 100 (Michigan)
- Saturday, July 18: Breckenridge 100 (Colorado)
- Saturday, August 1: Wilderness 101 (Pennsylvania)
- Saturday, August 15: Fool’s Gold 100 (Georgia)
- Sunday, September 6: ShenandoahMountain 100 (Virginia)
- Saturday, September 12: Tahoe-Sierra 100 (California)