Vandeyk are a group of bicycle industry professionals with expertise in design, frame building, photography and writing who’ve teamed up with one aim: “building the most ravishingly beautiful bicycles”.
The German collective’s first product is a retro-inspired, hand-built rigid mountain bike called Nightstream. Just 25 will be produced – and with a pricetag of €16,500 they’re unlikely to fly off the shelf. Road and cyclo-cross bikes are in the pipeline.
Vandeyk are calling their bikes “objects of art”. The first models will be available via their website from September, and they’ll also be on display at a number of soon-to-be-announced exhibitions. For more details, visit Vandeyk’s website.
- Frame and fork: Columbus chromoly, blend of stock and specially made custom tubing, eight layers of paint, sizes S/M/L (17/19/21in)
- Cockpit: Custom chromoly Vandeyk bar/stem combo, invisible clamp
- Headset: Chris King InSet
- Seatclamp: Custom titanium
- Saddle: Tune Komm-Vor
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7800
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7800
- Shifters: Paul Component Engineering Thumbies w/ Shimano bar end shifters
- Crankset: Tune Bigfoot w/ TA Specialités chainrings (30/42T)
- Bottom bracket: Phil Wood & Co
- Pedals: WF Mountainbike Engineering Light Ti, titanium axle
- Brakes: Paul Component Engineering Motolite w/ Love Lever Compact levers
- Wheels: Chris King Classic hubs, DT Swiss ceramic rims, Tune AC 16/17 skewers
- Tyres: Continental Race King Supersonic