Five-time British time trial champion Alex Dowsett announced his move to Katusha-Alpecin for the 2018 season back in August. After five years with Movistar, Dowsett will look to play a role in the lead-out for Marcel Kittel as well as targeting his own time trialling ambitions.
While Dowsett's team, kit and components have all changed, the British rider will stay aboard Canyon bikes in 2018. It is understood Dowsett has a close working relationship in terms of research and development with the German brand, which also produced a one-off Hour Record bike for the Brit in 2015.
At a recent training camp in Mallorca, wetook a closer look at the bike Dowsett will use against the clock in 2018.
While Dowsett has had his time trial position dialled on the Canyon Speedmax for some time, the biggest change will be moving from Movistar’s Campagnolo components and wheels to a combination of SRAM and Zipp components.
Dowsett’s Canyon has a full SRAM Red eTap wireless drivetrain, with eTap Blips located at the tip of the handlebar extension for gear changes while in an aerodynamic tuck position.
Zipp provides the wheel combination of a deep carbon rimmed 808 Firecrest wheel at the front of the bike and carbon Super-9 full disc to the rear.
Canyon provide the cockpit, seatpost and integrated aero brakes on the bike.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Dowsett’s time trial machine.
- Frame: Canyon Speedmax CF SLX
- Forks: Canyon F32 Aero
- Brakes: Canyon B11/B12 integrated aero
- Brake levers: SRAM S-990 Aero Brake
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
- Shift levers: SRAM Red eTap Blips
- Crankset: SRAM Red with Quarq power meter, 55t outer chainring
- Rear wheel: Zipp Super-9 carbon disc
- Front wheel: Zipp 808 Firecrest
- Tyres: Continental Grand Prix TT tubular, 25mm
- Handlebars: Canyon H26 CF base bar with Canyon E192 AL extensions
- Stem: Canyon V21 AL Aero
- Tape/grips: Ergon Canyon base bar grips
- Pedals: Look Keo Carbon
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Team Edition
- Seatpost: Canyon S31 CF
- Bottle cages: Tacx TT
- Computer: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt