Now in his sixth year on a major French pro team, Yukiya Arashiro is racing this year’s Tour de France aboard a custom-painted M10. As the sole Japanese rider in this year’s Tour, Arashiro has a white Colnago M10 with a few red sun discs from Japan’s flag and the characters for Nippon (Japan).
Europcar has more varieties of road bikes to choose from than any other team at the Tour. While compatriot squad AG2R-La Mondiale is racing all the road stages on one bike, the Focus Izalco Max, Europcar riders have five: the C59, C60, V1-r, CX Zero and the M10. Despite that, Europcar does not have a power-meter sponsor. A simple Sigma computer adorns Arashiro's integrated Deda Alanera bar/stem combo.
As a domestique at the Tour, Arashiro likely won’t earn much TV time or any headlines, but the two-time Japanese national road champion did score a 10th place finish at the Amstel Gold this year. In 2012 he won the Tour du Limousin.
Earlier this year we profiled his Colnago C59 with a similar paint scheme.
Click through the gallery above for a closer look at his Colnago M10.
Complete bike specifications
- Frameset: Colnago M10, 49cm
- Stem/handlebars: Deda Alanera, 42cm
- Brakes: Campagnolo Super Record RS
- Shift/brake levers: Campagnolo Super Record RS
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record RS
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record RS
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record RS, 11-25t
- Chain: Campagnolo R11
- Crankset: Campagnolo Super Record RS, 172.5mm
- Power meter: N/A
- Pedals: Look Keo
- Wheels: Campagnolo Ultra 35
- Tires: Hutchinson Pro Tour tubulars
- Saddle: Selle Italia Team Edition SLR
- Computer: Sigma ROX 6.0
- Weight: 6.5kg / 14.66lb
- Rider's height: 1.7m (5ft 7in)
- Rider's weight: 64kg / 140lb
- Reach, saddle tip to bar: 53cm
- Drop, saddle top to handlebar top: 8cm
- Saddle height: 70cm