Classics specialist Daniel Oss has been battling the head at the Tour Down Under alongside Peter Sagan with his new team Bora-Hansgrohe.
- Top 5 2018 pro bikes
- New year, new gear — pros don the latest kit at the first WorldTour race of the season
- Tour Down Under 2018 news and bike galleries
With a change in team, the Italian rider also has a new S-Works Tarmac SL6 in a size 58. And he's running the yet-to-be-launched dual-sided Specialized power meter on his 172.5mm cranks.
Oss’s new bike is equipped with a full Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 drivetrain, complete with 53-39T chainrings at the front and a Dura-Ace 11-28T cassette at the back.
At the front, the entire Bora-Hansgrohe team are running the burly PRO Vibe Sprint stems and Oss’s bike features 420mm PRO Vibe bars wrapped in Supacaz Super Sticky Kush bar tape.
At the back, atop the new D-shaped seatpost used in the new Tarmacs is an S-Works Romin Evo saddle.
K-Edge features heavy around Oss’s bike with a Race Mount for his Wahoo Elemnt Bolt, as well as a chain catcher and GoPro mount, which the mechanic told us was only for the training rides and wouldn't be used during the race.
Rolling on Roval’s CLX50 Rapide hoops with upgraded CeramicSpeed bearings, finished with 26mm S-Works Turbo tubulars with the Gription compound tread.
S-Works Tarmac SL6 bike specifications
- Frame: S-Works Tarmac SL
- Fork: S-Works Fact Carbon
- Stem: PRO Vibe Sprint, 140mm
- Handlebar: PRO Vibe 420mm
- Tape: Supacaz Super sticky Kush
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9110 direct mount
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9110 direct mount
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 with Specialized Powermeter, 53/39T
- Wheelset: Roval CLX50 Rapide with CeramicSpeed bearings
- Tyres: S-Works Turbo Gription, 26mm
- Saddle: S-Works Roman Evo
- Seatpost: S-Works Fact carbon
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Rider’s weight: 75kg
- Rider’s height: 1.9m
- Saddle height, from bottom bracket (c-t): 820mm
- Seat tube length: 522mm
- Tip of saddle nose to centre of handlebars: 650mm
- Head tube length: 190mm
- Top tube length: 577mm
- Total bike weight: 7.04kg
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a detailed look at the world champion’s custom machine.