Daryl Impey won last year’s edition of the Tour Down Under riding for Mitchelton-Scott. The current South African national champion continues his tenure with the Australian-registered squad for 2019 and has just taken the win in stage four of this year’s edition of the race on this Scott Foil RC.
Impey is a strong all round rider and is expected to spend time on both Scott’s Foil aero bike and Addict race bike this season.
Impey’s pictured Foil RC is set up with a full Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 Di2 groupset. The bike is built around direct-mount rim brakes, with the rear brake tucked beneath the chainstay in a bid to improve the aero qualities of the bike
Shimano also supplies wheels to the team, with Impey rolling on Dura-Ace R9100 C40 wheels for stage four.
Syncros — Scott’s in-house components brand — supplies finishing kit, including its RR1.0 SL one-piece cockpit.
Click through to have a closer look at Daryl Impey’s Scott Foil RC
Daryl Impey's Scott Foil RC full bike specifications
- Frameset: Scott Foil RC
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9110-F
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9110-R
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 11-30
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P 54/38 chainrings, 175mm crank length
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 C40
- Tyres: Pirelli P-Zero Velo tubular, 25mm
- Cockpit: Syncros RR1.0 SL cockpit, 150mm stem, 410mm wide handlebars
- Tape/grips: Syncros Superlight tape
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Syncros Tofino
- Seatpost: Syncros Foil RC
- Bottle cages: Elite Leggero carbon
- Computer: Garmin Edge 820
- Other accessories: K-Edge Garmin Splayd Race Mount
- Rider height: 1.83m
- Saddle height (from centre of bottom bracket): 765mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (at centre): 610mm
- Weight: 7.15kg