This article first appeared on Cyclingnews
Built from the original Lampre-Merida set-up at the end of the 2016 season, UAE Team Emirates have one of the strongest Italian contingents in the peloton despite being registered in the United Arab Emirates.
The Italian connections continue with the team equipped with bikes from the legendary frame builders Colnago — and have the choice of the C60, Concept or V2-R road models.
UAE Team Emirates pair their frames with Campagnolo Super Record EPS groupsets, Campagnolo Bora Ultra wheels, Vittoria tubular tyres, cockpits from Dedacciai, bottle cages from Elite and saddles from Prologo.
Look pedals, a Power2Max power meter and a Garmin computer mount — from France, Germany and the United States respectively — were the only components on the bike not from Italy.
Ulissi opts for the V2-R frameset from the Colnago line-up, which sports direct mount rim brakes and a semi-aero design. Launched last June, the bike also features a threaded bottom bracket and a proprietary D-profile seatpost.
- Frame: Colnago V2-R monocoque carbon fibre, size 48s
- Fork: Colnago V2-R monocoque carbon fibre
- Front brake: Campagnolo Super Record direct mount
- Rear brake: Campagnolo Super Record direct mount
- Brake/shift levers: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record, 11-29
- Crankset: Campagnolo Super Record with Power2Max crankset, 53/39, 172.5mm cranks
- Wheels: Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: Dedacciai Superleggero, 410mm
- Stem: Dedacciai Superleggero, 135mm
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon
- Saddle: Prologo Scratch 2 CPC Airing Nack
- Seatpost: Colnago V2-R
- Bottle cages: Elite Vico Carbon
- Rider’s height: 1.75m
- Saddle height from bottom bracket (c-t): 720mm
- Seat tube length (c-t): 480mm
- Top tube length (c-c): 518mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars: 560mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.13kg