Dylan Groenewegen lined up for LottoNL-Jumbo at Scheldeprijs last week aboard Bianchi’s aero offering, the Oltre XR4, combined with the latest deep-rim aero wheels from Shimano.
- Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 and R9150 Di2 groupsets: all you need to know
- Pro bike gallery: What the pros ride
The bike, which is custom painted to celebrate Groenewegen’s national title, is equipped with a Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 groupset excluding the crankset, which is the older Dura-Ace 9000 series and paired with a Pioneer dual-sided power meter. For the flat Scheldeprijs race, Groenewegen opted for a large chainring combination of 54/42 and an 11-28 cassette to the rear.
The Shimano Dura-Ace brakes are the direct-mount version and seem to feature a custom knob, front and rear, for ease of balancing the brakes while racing. The wheels are from Shimano’s latest 9100 series groupset and are the deepest of the range, at a 60mm rim depth. They have a claimed weight of 1,400g for the pair (without tyres).
An aerodynamic Vision Metron 5D integrated cockpit is fitted to the front end of the bike and is equipped with Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 levers, with sprint shifters located on the drops of the handlebars. Groenewegen also opts to tape the handlebars almost to the stem for added comfort in a variety of hand positions.
The aerodynamic frame is predominantly painted in the famous celeste colours of Bianchi, but features the red, white and blue of the Netherlands' national flag, combined with the famous Dutch orange and a symbol of a lion’s head. A Selle San Marco Regale saddle and Tacx Deva bottle cages are both colour coordinated to the famous celeste colour.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Bianchi Oltre XR4
- Fork: Bianchi Full Carbon Aero
- Handlebar: Vision Metron 5D (integrated), 420mm
- Stem: Vision Metron 5D (integrated),
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, direct mount
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070, 54/44 with Pioneer power meter, 172.5mm crank length
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C60
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa tubular, 25mm
- Seatpost: Bianchi Oltre Full Carbon Aero
- Saddle: Selle San Marco Regale
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Rider's height: 1.77m
- Rider's weight: 70kg
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 730mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 690mm