This article was originally published on Cyclingnews.com.
Team Sky and Pinarello recently launched the latest incarnation of the Dogma with the F10 model earlier this week. Designed specifically with the Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 series groupset in mind, the concaved downtube integrates the electronic groupset’s battery for charging and updating the unit via the so-called E-Link system, at the same time reducing drag on the downtube by a claimed 12.6 percent versus the F8 edition.
- Pinarello responds after accusations the new Dogma F10 infringes Velocite patents
- Velocite claims that new Pinarello Dogma F10 infringes its patents
- Tour Down Under 2017
The design of the frame features the same dot-dash design that adorns the 2017 team jersey, which was unveiled last year, while the concaved downtube design first appeared on the Pinarello Bolide time trial frameset in 2016. Also inspired by a previous Pinarello model, the Dogma F10 features a flap behind the fork dropouts, first seen on Bradley Wiggins’ Hour Record bike.
With deliveries of the Shimano 9100 Dura-Ace groupset delayed to most WorldTour teams, Team Sky seems to have had the best luck in receiving new parts early. However, the team is still waiting on the latest Dura-Ace crankset and is therefore using a Dura-Ace 9000 series crankset.
Geraint Thomas rides a size 56 frame, 131mm stem and 175mm cranks. The cranks feature 53-39 chainrings and are paired with a Dura-Ace 11-28 cassette.
Thomas opts for a Fizik Arione saddle and Shimano’s in-house component brand PRO provides the stem, handlebars and bar tape.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Pinarello Dogma F10, size 56
- Fork: Pinarello Dogma F10
- Headset: Pinarello
- Stem: PRO Vibe alloy stem, 131mm
- Handlebar: PRO Vibe alloy handlebars, 400mm
- Tape: PRO handlebar tape
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 175mm, 53/39T
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace C50
- Tyres: Continental Competition tubular, 25mm
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Seatpost: Pinarello Dogma F10
- Bottle cages: Elite Pase
- Rider's height: 1.83m
- Rider's weight: 70kg
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 790mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 710mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.23kg
Swipe or click through the gallery above to see more of the Thomas’ bike.