Ian Stannard and the rest of Team Sky rode their first race of the season on the newly launched Pinarello Dogma F10. Designed around Shimano’s new Dura-Ace 9100 groupset, the bike's concave down tube houses the transmission's internal battery and features an integrated E-Link port for charging and firmware updates.
- Pinarello responds after accusations the new Dogma F10 infringes Velocite patents
- Fausto Pinarello: We don't think a high-performance bike needs disc brakes
- Tour Down Under 2017
This new frame design is also said to improve aerodynamics by 12.6 percent over the Dogma F8. Pinarello’s Bolide time trial frame features the same down tube design.
Similar to previous Pinarello frames, the F10 sees a fork that looks as though it was left in the oven a bit too long, and foils behind the dropouts — first seen on Bradley Wiggins' Hour Record bike.
With deliveries of Shimano’s new Dura-Ace 9150 Di2 delayed, Team Sky had the closest to a complete 9150 groupset of all the teams at the Tour Down Under. The only component missing was the new 9100 crank fitted with Stages power meters. According to Pat Warner, SVP of Stages Cycling, it has shipped the cranksets to Team Sky, but it appears the team decided not to bring them to Australia, with Stannard and the rest of the team running the old DA 9000 cranks instead.
Standing 1.89m/6ft 2in tall, Stannard is riding a relatively small size for his height 57.5 frame, but compensates with a massive 140mm Pro Vibe Stem and 420mm Pro Vibe alloy handlebars. He’s also riding 175mm cranks paired with 53-39T chainrings and an 11-28T cassette.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Pinarello Dogma F10, size 57.5
- Fork: Pinarello Dogma F10
- Headset: Pinarello
- Stem: PRO Vibe alloy stem, 140mm
- Handlebar: PRO Vibe alloy handlebars, 420mm
- Tape: PRO handlebar tape
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 175mm, 53/39T
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace C50
- Tyres: Continental Competition tubular, 25mm
- Saddle: Fizik Arione VS
- Seatpost: Pinarello Dogma F10
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus
- Rider's height: 1.89m
- Rider's weight: 83kg
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 830mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 790mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.36kg
Swipe or click through the gallery above to see more of the Stannard’s bike.