Jay McCarthy followed his Tinkoff teammate Peter Sagan to Bora-Hansgrohe following the team's demise at the end of the 2016 season.
- Gallery: Tiago Machado’s Canyon Aeroad CF SLX
- 10 clever hacks used by World Tour race mechanics
- Tour Down Under 2017 news and bike galleries
Peter Sagan alone brought enough WorldTour points to the Pro Continental outfit to confirm WorldTour status for the German team in 2017, but the world champion commands a high price and it is rumoured Specialized contributed to the costs of bringing the Slovakian to the team.
While Peter Sagan has a range of custom painted Specialized framesets to choose from, Jay McCarthy rides on the team issue S-Works Tarmac.
Although the team frames aren’t as eye catching as Peter Sagan’s unique designs, the predominantly black frames could be considered one of the classier designs in the WorldTour peloton.
Turquoise pinstripe detailing on the frame's tubing and forks is complemented with metallic fleck in the black paint and contrasts with the bold white decals.
The Australian rides a compact 52cm frame that is paired with a 106mm stem and 400mm handlebars, both supplied by PRO components — as is the seat post.
The standard 172.5mm crankset, 53-39T chainrings and 11-28T Dura-Ace cassette make up the Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 groupset, which is paired with a 4iiii power meter.
The Bora-Hansgrohe mechanics expect the Dura-Ace 9100 series groupsets to arrive in time for the spring Classics.
CeramicSpeed provides both the headset and bottom bracket, and is a brand that's becoming more and more prominent in the WorldTour peloton.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Specialized S-Works Tarmac, size 52
- Fork: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon
- Headset: CeramicSpeed
- Stem: PRO PLT alloy, 106mm
- Handlebar: PRO PLT alloy, 400m
- Tape: Supacaz
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace, 53-39T with 4iiii power meter
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Wheelset: Roval CLX50
- Tyres: S-Works Turbo tubular, 26mm
- Saddle: S-Works Romin Evo
- Seatpost: PRO Vibe
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Rider's height: 1.74m / 5 ft 7in
- Rider's weight: 63kg / 139lb
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 715mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 680mm
- Head tube length: 120mm
- Top tube length (effective): 537mm
- Total bicycle weight: 6.93kg
Swipe or click through the gallery above to see more of the Australian’s bike.