Colnago launched its V2-R last month, and Louis Meintjes is racing one for UAE Team Emirates at the Tour de France.
- The Colnago V2-R will steal your heart and also your money
- Colnago museum - mega gallery
- Tour de France bikes, gear and tech
An update from Colnago’s V1-R, the V2-R features improved bottom bracket stiffness, a new head tube layup, an integrated seat clamp and direct-mount brakes, which allow tyre clearances of 28mm.
Excluding the computer, computer mount, pedals and power meter, the Team UAE Emirates edition Colnago has Italian everything. Campagnolo provides the Super Record EPS groupset, and the Campagnolo Bora Ultra wheels are paired with Vittoria tubulars.
A Dedacciai alloy cockpit and Selle Italia saddle continue the Italian trend, while Garmin and Barfly provide the computer and out-front mount respectively.
Meintjes runs standard gearing of 53/39t chainrings and an 11-29t cassette, and opts for 172.5mm cranks.
The UAE Team Emirates riders have a choice of the Colnago V2-R, C60 or the aerodynamic Concept framesets for the Tour de France.
- Frameset: Colnago V2-R
- Brakes: Campagnolo Super Record direct mount
- Brake/shift levers: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Front/rear derailleurs: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record, 11-29t
- Chain: Campagnolo Super Record
- Crankset: Campagnolo Super Record with Power2Max power meter, 53/39t, 172.5mm cranks
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: Dedacciai Zero100 alloy
- Stem: Dedacciai Zero100 alloy
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Superflow Team Edition
- Bottle cages: Elite Vico Carbon
- Computer: Garmin Edge 520
- Other accessories: Barfly out-front mount