This article was originally published on Cyclingnews.com.
Argon 18 joins the WorldTour peloton in 2017 with Astana. The model line-up includes the Gallium Pro, E-118 Next and the aero road Nitrogen Pro, and Luis Leon Sanchez and his Astana teammates debuted the bike at the Tour Down Under last month.
The brakes are designed in a similar vein to V-brakes, but with the brake caliper able to sit flush with the back of the fork for less turbulence as the air runs over the forks. The rear brake is a similar design and sits flush with the outer edge of the seat stays.
As the only WorldTour team equipped with FSA groupset components, we were half expecting at least some of the Astana riders to be riding the latest FSA WE groupset.
The Nanotech HM8003 tubing of the aerodynamic frame results in a similarly shaped bladed Argon 18 ASP-5100 seat post, while the stem is an alloy 125mm FSA OS 99.
A custom Prologo Zero C3 CPC saddle in Astana team colours and Prologo handlebar tape complete the bike.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Argon 18 Gallium Pro, size M
- Fork: Argon 18 Gallium Pro
- Headset: FSA
- Stem: FSA OS 99 alloy, 125mm
- Handlebar: FSA Energy, 400m
- Tape: Prologo
- Front brake: TRP Front Linear Spring
- Rear brake: TRP RC Linear Spring
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra, 11 speed
- Crankset: FSA K-Force Light, 53-39T 175mm
- Pedals: Look Keo 2 Max
- Wheelset: Vision Metron
- Tyres: Schwalbe Pro ONE HT tubular
- Saddle: Prologo Zero C3 CPC, custom
- Seatpost: Argon 18 ASP-5100
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Rider's height: 1.87m / 6ft 1in
- Rider's weight: 74kg / 163lb
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 795mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 720mm
- Head tube length: 141mm
- Top tube length (effective): 556mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.01kg
Swipe or click through the gallery above to see more of Sanchez ’s bike.