Marianne Vos returns to the Aviva Women's Tour, and brings with her a striking special-edition version of the Liv Envie Advanced decorated with the gold of a multiple world champion.
- Women's cycling on BikeRadar Women
- 9 pioneers of women's cycling
- 5 new women's cycling brands you need to check out
Vos was the winner of the inaugural Women's Tour, and is back riding again after a leave of absence to rest and recuperate. While she did make an appearance at the 2015 Tour, it was on the other side of the microphone as expert commentator. Going by the homemade signs and cheers along the route, many people were happy to see her back racing on British roads.
Liv's Envie Advanced is an aero bike with Liv's female-specific geometry, and Vos' ride, as you'd expect, includes a few extras. If you fancy a retail version of this bike, expect to fork out in the region of £5,000 / $8,000, though you won't be able to get it in the black and gold the multiple world champion has her bike bedecked in.
Vos' bike is kitted out predominantly with Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, with a few notable exceptions. Vos continues to opt for a 52-36 oval Rotor Q-Ring at the front, fitted with a Pioneer power meter for in-race monitoring. At the rear, the Shimano Dura-Ace cassette is 11-28t, comparable to the choice many racers made for the hilly second stage of the Aviva Women's Tour.
Vos' version of the bike is finished off with Shimano PRO kit bars, stem and seatpost, and she also prefers Dura-Ace pedals.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Liv Envie Advanced
- Stem: PRO Vibe Aluminum, 99mm
- Handlebar: PRO Vibe S Carbon Compact
- Brake calipers: Fouriers Aero V Brake
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Shifter levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-28t
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Cranks: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Chainrings: Rotor Q-Rings 52-36
- Power meter: Pioneer
- Bottom bracket: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Front wheel: Shimano Dura-Ace C35 tubular
- Rear wheel: Shimano Dura-Ace C35 tubular
- Front Tyre: Vittoria Corsa G+, 25mm
- Rear Tyre: Vittoria Corsa G+, 25mm
- Saddle: Fizik Antares, custom color
- Seatpost: Giant Vector
- Rider height:168cm / 5ft 6in
- Rider weight: 58kg / 128lb