Oliver Naesen enjoyed a top-twenty finish at the 2016 edition of Paris-Roubaix and has improved on his Classics pedigree this season with top-10 finishes at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne and Dwars door Vlaanderen. Naesen improved this further with a podium at E3 Harelbeke, and if not for the definitive crash on the Kwaremont with Peter Sagan and Greg Van Avermaet in the Tour of Flanders, we may have seen even more.
- Defending Paris-Roubaix champ's Kangaroo cobbles bike
- Gallery: two distinct approaches for pre-Roubaix race
As Naesen lines up for Paris-Roubaix this Sunday, we took a detailed look at the bike the Belgian rode during the 105th Scheldeprijs earlier in the week.
The Factor O2 is designed to be as at home in the mountains as it is in the cobbles of the Northern Classics. The minimalist design and unique colourway result in a bike that stands out in a generally conservative pro peloton.
AG2R La Mondiale lined up to Scheldeprijs with as yet unseen Mavic Comete Pro Carbon SL. The deep section aero wheels feature full carbon wheels and we expect a full release and further information in the coming weeks.
In what is a relatively standard feature bike elsewhere; Naesen opts for a 44t inner chainring to make the most of a relatively flat Northern Classics season. The bike is equipped with a full Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070 groupset, paired with an SRM powermeter.
Factor’s component wing; Black Inc provides the seatpost, handlebars and stem, whilst Italian brand Fizik supplies the saddle and handlebar tape.
- Frame: Factor O2
- Fork: Factor O2
- Handlebar: Black Inc, 390mm
- Stem: Black Inc, 140mm
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Brake / shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-28
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace, 53/44 with SRM powermeter
- Wheelset: Mavic Comete Pro Carbon SL
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm
- Seatpost: Black Inc
- Saddle: Fizik Antares
- Bottle cages: Elite Cannibal
- Critical Measurements:
- Rider's height: 1.84m
- Rider's weight: 71kg
- Saddle height from BB: 795mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 750mm