In his rookie season on Cannondale-Drapac, Patrick Bevin rode to a win at the New Zealand Time Trial Champs, tenth at the 2016 Tour Down Under, third in the Paris-Nice Prologue and earned a last minute call up to start the Vuelta a España.
- Gallery: Johan Le Bon’s LaPierre Xelius SL
- Luke Rowe's 5 tips for riding in the heat
- 10 clever hacks used by World Tour race mechanics
- WorldTour mechanics reveal how they pack for long-haul flights
So far in 2017, Bevin has had solid performances at the Tour Down Under and Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road race, finishing 45th and 30th respectively.
The Kiwi's lime green SuperSix EVO was a size 54 frame fitted with a Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2 drivetrain.
With the team’s partnership with CeramicSpeed, Bevin’s bike was also equipped with the brand's Oversized Pulley Wheels, which are claimed to save three watts over a standard pulley wheel.
Team mechanic Fred Bassy told BikeRadar that to prevent the alloy jockey wheels from rubbing on the largest cog on the 11-28T Ultegra cassette they need to bend the derailleur cage ever-so-slightly and use all 116-links in the chain.
Bevin’s wheel of choice is the lightweight Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL T, wrapped in what's labelled as Yksion Pro Griplink tubulars — though they bear a different tread pattern. Taking an educated guess they look like Velofelx Carbon tubs.
Making up the touchpoints are a Fizik Antares VSX saddle with a pressure relieving channel and 390mm alloy FSA Energy Bars attached to a 130mm FSA OS-99 CSI stem.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Cannondale Supersix Evo
- Fork: Cannondale Supersix Evo
- Headset: SuperSix Evo
- Stem: FSA OS-99 CSI, 130mm +/- 6-degree
- Handlebar: FSA Energy, 390mm
- Tape: Fizik Performance Tacky Touch
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 with CeramicSpeed Pully Wheels
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11-28T
- Chain: CeramicSpeed UFO, 11-speed
- Crankset: Cannondale SiSL2 Hollowgram with SRM
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL T
- Tyres: Mavic Yksion Pro Griplink T YKSION PRO GRIPLINK T
- Saddle: Fizik Antares VSX
- Seatpost: FSA SL-K
- Bottle Cages: Tacx Deva
- Rider's height: 1.80m / 5ft 9in
- Rider's weight: 75kg / 165lb
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 755mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 730mm
Swipe or click through the gallery above to see more of the New Zealander's bike.