On Friday Niki Terpstra and his Etixx-Quick Step teammates rode critical sectors of Sunday’s Paris-Roubaix course, a longstanding reconnaissance tradition made special for the returning champion.
“The feelings today were really good on the cobblestones,” Terpstra said of riding his Specialized S-Works Roubaix. “It was nice to be back. I have good memories of course. It was good to get a feel for Sunday.”
In 2014, Terpstra was riding in support of team leader and multi-time Paris-Roubaix winner Tom Boonen. Boonen is out with an injury this year.
This year Terpstra is co-leader of the team along with cyclocross star Zdenek Stybar and Stijn Vandenbergh.
Standing 186cm (6’1"), Terpstra has some similarly large figures for his Roubaix bike: 28mm Specialized tubulars, a 155mm-width Specialized Chicane saddle, 177.5mm FSA K-Force Light cranks, and 53/46 FSA chainrings.
Take a look at the gallery above for a closer look at Terpstra’s Roubaix for Paris-Roubaix.
The K-Edge number plate will be holding the enviable #1 come Sunday, as Terpstra trusts his 28mm Specialized tubulars to see him through the pavé
Complete bike specifications
- Frameset: Specialized S-Works Roubaix
- Stem: FSA OS 99, 12cm, -6 degree
- Handlebar: FSA Energy, Traditional Bend, 40cm
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-25t
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: FSA K-Force Light, 177.5mm, 53/46t
- Power meter: Power2Max
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Front wheel: Roval CLX 40 Rapide
- Read wheel: Roval CLX 40 Rapide
- Front tubular: Specialized, 28mm
- Rear tubular: Specialized, 28mm
- Saddle: Specialized Chicane155
- Bottle cages: Tacx (2)
- Rider height: 1.86m/6'1"
- Rider weight: 75kg/165lb
- Saddle height: 81.9cm
- Tip of saddle to center of bar: 59.8cm
- Frame size: 58cm