This article was originally published on Cyclingnews.
Road race world champion Michal Kwiatkowski will make his 2015 racing debut on a special Specialized S-Works Tarmac at the Tour de San Luis later this month – but Cyclingnews got an exclusive chance to see the Polish rider’s bike at the Etixx-QuickStep training camp in Spain.
Kwiatkowski's special world champion paint job was unveiled at Il Lombardia last October. However, while the frameset has remained similar, there have been a few alterations in components and wheels for 2015.
The wheels have changed to Specialized's own Roval brand while Kwiatkowski will be using a Dura-Ace Di2 / FSA drivechain
Kwiatkowski has used Specialized Roval CLX40 clincher wheels in training (pictured here), but he will race on tubular CLX 40s and run Specialized’s newest generation of S-Works Turbo Tubular rubber in the coming weeks. The shift in wheels sees the Belgian squad replace Zipp as the manufacturer of choice.
Elsewhere FSA has come in in as the component and drive chain sponsor, with Shimano providing the shifters and derailleurs. Interestingly, Kwiatkowski has opted for alloy bars (FSA Energy Compact) while the all-up weight is 6.95kg, 150g heavier than the UCI’s minimum weight limit.
Complete bike specs
- Frame: Specialized S-Works Tarmac
- Fork: Specialized S-Works Tarmac
- Headset: FSA OrbitC-40-CF-ACB
- Stem: 110mm FSA K-Force OS-99 CSI
- Handlebar: 38cm FSA Energy Compact Alloy
- Bartape: Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix bartape
- Front brake: FSA SLK
- Rear brake: FSA SLK
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace Di2
- Levers: Shimano Dura Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace
- Chain: FSA K-Force Light 11 Speed
- Cranks: 172.5mm FSA K-Force Light BB386EVO for Power2Max
- Power Meter: Power2Max
- Bottom bracket: FSA ceramic bearings
- Pedals: Shimano Dura Ace
- Wheels: Roval CLX40 / CLX60
- Front tire: Specialized ProTour Turbo Pro Tubular
- Rear tire: Specialized ProTour Turbo Pro Tubular
- Saddle: Specialized S-Works Toupe (143 width)
- Seatpost: FSA K-Force SB25
- Complete bicycle weight: 6.95kg
- Rider height: 1.76m
- Rider weight: 68kg
- Saddle height from BB, center to top: 72.4cm
- Seat tube length, center to center: 50.7cm
- Tip of saddle to center of bar: 56.8cm
- Top tube length (virtual): 54.8cm