Peter Sagan is cycling gold at the moment, with 13 victories this season alone back up his finish line exhibitionism (the video of him riding up a car and parking his bike went viral for a reason).
The Cannondale rider will start the 2013 Tour de France as the hot favourite for the green jersey – the competition he won in his debut at the race last year. But on the eve of the first stage – a flat 213km from Porto Vecchio to Bastia, Corsica – Sagan is eyeing yellow as the first competition jersey he could wear.
Cannondale’s road sports marketing manager, Christophe Dehaemers, spoke to BikeRadar about the SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod that could deliver Sagan across the line first. Dehaemers explained how the frame meets the needs of both power sprinters such as Sagan and climbers such as Vincenzo Nibali – the latter isn’t at the Tour, but won an extremely mountainous Giro d’Italia in May.
Cannondale sorted Sagan out with an extra special Tourminator paint job on his 2012 SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod, but this year – for the time being at least – he’s on one of their new electric green machines.
Beneath the paint, the Cannondale SuperSix platform remains unchanged from 2012 – Sagan’s long reach means a 58cm top tube on 54cm frame. That is, though, the only deviation from a standard team frameset, and even a SRAM Red 10-speed transmission is used.
Watch our video on Sagan’s SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod below, and check out our image gallery of the Tourminator’s bike.
Video: Christophe Dehaemers on Sagan's SuperSix EVO
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Cannondale SuperSix EVO Ballistec Hi-Mod
- Fork: Cannondale SuperSix EVO Speed Save
- Headset: Cannondale SuperSix EVO SL, 1 1/8in to 1 1/4in tapered
- Stem: FSA SL-K, 120mm
- Handlebar: FSA Energy Traditional
- Tape: Fi'zi:k bar:tape
- Front brake: SRAM Red
- Rear brake: SRAM Red
- Brake levers: SRAM Red
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red 10-speed
- Shift levers: SRAM Red 2012
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1090
- Chain: SRAM PC 1091R
- Crankset: Cannondale Hollowgram Si SL
- Bottom bracket: Cannondale BB30
- Pedals: Speedplay Zero Nanogram
- Wheelset: FSA Vision Metron 55 Carbon tubular
- Front tire: Kenda Super Domestique tubular
- Rear tire: Kenda Super Domestique tubular
- Saddle: Fi'zi:k Aliante Carbon Special Edition
- Seatpost: FSA K-Force Carbon
- Bottle cages: Elite Sior Evo (2)
- Computer: SRM PowerControl 7
- Rider's height: 1.84m (6ft)
- Rider's weight: 75kg (165lb)
- Saddle height, from BB (c-t): 752mm
- Saddle setback: 87mm
- Seat tube length, c-c: 540mm
- Tip of saddle nose to c of bar: 62.2 mm
- Saddle to bar drop (vertical): 125mm
- Head tube length: 145mm
- Top tube length: 580mm
- Total bicycle weight: 6.84kg (15.07lb)