Dutchman Robert Gesink started his 2017 season in Australia, taking eighth in the GC at the Santos Tour Down Under and 11th place at the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race.
- Trickle down tech benefits from Shimano S-Phyre World Tour kit
- Tour Down Under 2017 news and bike galleries
- WorldTour mechanics reveal how they pack for long-haul flights
- Tech gallery: Tour Down Under
Standing 6ft 2in / 1.89m tall, Gesink’s Bianchi Oltre XR4 frame is size 59 and is painted in the brand's trademark celeste green. Part of a continued evolution, the Oltre frames are designed around aerodynamics and the XR4 features a recessed fork crown and oversized aero tube shapes.
LottoNL-Jumbo is the on of the only teams on the World Tour currently running Pioneer power meters. The system utilises strain gauges on both sides of the cranks and measures separate left and right force direction, recording power at 12 points every revolution or every 30 degrees. Even still, it appears Gesink runs a Garmin computer in lieu of the Pioneer headunit.
Despite the team’s close relationship with Shimano, who provide them with kit, shoes and helmets (though Lazer), Gesink is still running the older Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2 transmission, with a 53-39t front 11-28t rear gearing combo.
Claimed to be the stiffest and most aero handlebar and stem combo on the market, Gesink is also running the new Vision Metron 5D integrated bar with the celeste bar tape stopping just short of the tops.
Shimano also provides the rolling stock for the LottoNL-Jumbo team and Gesink opted for the C-50s with 25c Vittoria Corsa tubulars.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Bianchi Oltre XR4
- Fork: Bianchi Full Carbon Aero
- Headset: FSA
- Stem: Vision Metron 5D Integrated Aero bar/stem, 130mm, -6 degrees
- Handlebar: Vision Metron 5D Integrated Aero bar/stem, 420mm
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9010 direct mount
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9010 direct mount
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace, 53-39
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Wheelset: Shimano C-50
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa Tubular 25c
- Saddle: San Marco Aspide Carbon FX
- Seatpost: Bianchi Oltre Full Carbon Aero
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Rider's height: 1.89m / 6ft 2in
- Rider's weight: 70kg
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 820mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 765mm