At the USA Pro Challenge in Colorado, BMC has been crushing all comers, winning stage after stage and leading the overall race. On a windy Friday in Breckenridge, Rohan Dennis powered his BMC Timemachine with a monster 56/44t crankset to the time trial stage win.
Earlier this year, Dennis set the world hour record on a custom Trackmachine and rode into the first yellow jersey of the 2015 Tour de France thanks to his time-trial prowess. Suffice it to say, the guy can ride.
While many of the teams at the US Pro Challenge had single time trial bikes for their riders with road bikes for back up on the follow cars, BMC of course had A and B bikes for all its riders. Dennis' A and B bikes were identical save the wheels; his spare had sponsor-correct Shimano C50 front and Shimano PRO disc while his race bike had unbranded wheels. The front wheel looks to be a HED GT3 and the rear a Lightweight disc.
Take a look at the gallery above for a closer look at Dennis' winning machine, and be sure to visit Cyclingnews for complete coverage of the USA Pro Challenge.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: BMC TimeMachine TM01 – size medium long
- Handlebar: 3T ErgoSum Team
- Front brake: BMC TimeMachine
- Rear brake: BMC TimeMachine
- Brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 FD-9070
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 RD-9070
- Shift buttons: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace CS-9000, 11-28t
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace CN-9000
- Crankset: SRM Shimano 11-speed, 172.5mm, 56/44t
- Bottom bracket: C-Bear Ceramic
- Pedals: Shimano 9000 Dura-Ace
- Front wheel: Unbranded - seems to be HED GT3
- Rear disc: Unbranded - seems to be Lightweight
- Front tyre: Continental TT, 22mm
- Rear tyre: Continental TT, 25mm
- Saddle: Fizik Ares
- Seatpost: BMC TimeMachine carbon
- Computer: SRM Power Control 8 (PC7 shown was for mechanic's calibration)
- Rider's height: 1.82m (5ft 11in)
- Rider's weight: 71kg (156lb)
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 78cm
- Saddle setback: 5.7cm
- Tip of saddle to center of pads: 57cm
- Saddle-to-bar drop: 13cm