With the advent of featherweight carbon components the necessity of torque wrenches became vastly more important. In fact, Silca claims that 70% of failed carbon bars, stems, and seatposts come from over tightening bolts. To alleviate this issue while out on a ride, Silca has built upon its T-Ratchet and Ti-Torque tools to introduce its lighter and more precise T-Ratchet + T-Torque multi-tool.
- Silca T-Ratchet and Ti-Torque hands on
- Silca's Bluetooth mini-pump is here to find your perfect pressure
- Silca releases limited edition pump and tool kit
Silca T-Ratchet and T-Torque specs
- Ti-Torque Beam for measuring 2-8Nm
- 72 tooth ratchet with convertible magnetic extensions
- Hex bits (2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm)
- Torx bits (T10, T20, T25)
- 2mm Phillips bit
- Duck waxed canvas carrying case (120mm x 70mm x 30mm)
- Titanium and aluminum construction
The new T-Torque tool differs from the previous model by using three separate torque scales, 2 or 6, 3 or 5, and 4 or 8Nm, whereas the older version had all the torque settings on a single tool end, which made it difficult for some to precisely nail the exact torque required.
Silca claims the titanium torque tool weighs in at 30 grams.
Like the original multi-tool, the T-Ratchet + T-Torque tool's handle can be swapped from a T end to a more standard ratchet end.
The six hex bits, three Torx bits, and Phillips screwdriver bit are held in the tool magnetically.
A duck waxed canvas case stores all the tools and is sized to slip into a jersey pocket.
Silca T-Ratchet and T-Torque pricing and availability
Silca predicts the updated tools will be shipping the end of October and retail is $99, UK£ and AU$ TBD.