This article first appeared on Cyclingnews.
Tom Dumoulin and his Team Sunweb teammates have switched from Giant to Cervélo framesets for the 2019 season, with Dumoulin staying on an all-round, lightweight race frameset by swapping the Giant TCR for the Cervélo R5.
While the frameset has changed, the team retains Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 series groupsets. Giant also provided the team with wheels and the majority of finishing kit last season so Sunweb has now switched to Shimano Dura-Ace wheels, finishing kit from PRO and bottle cages from Elite.
- Michael Matthews' 2019 Team Sunweb Cervelo S5 — gallery
- WorldTour team bike guide 2019
- Tour de France bikes: Tom Dumoulin's Giant TCR — gallery
The team also moves from Vittoria tubular tyres to offerings from Continental, a popular choice in the WorldTour, as well as new computers from Sigma Sport.
The 1.85m tall Dutchman rides a size 56 frame, in conjunction with 175mm crank arms. Dumoulin opts for a standard gearing combination of 53/39 chainrings and an 11-28 cassette.
Team Sunweb has stuck to its red, white and black team colours, with silver Cervélo decals adorning the down tube of the frame.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Tom Dumoulin's 2019 Cervélo R5 and keep your eyes peeled for all the tech from this month's Tour Down Under.
- Frameset: Cervélo R5, size 56
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P, 53/39 chainrings, 175mm
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, C24
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: PRO Vibe, 420mm
- Stem: PRO Vibe, 130mm
- Tape/grips: PRO Sport Control Team
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: PRO Griffon 142
- Seatpost: PRO Vibe, 0mm offset
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus
- Computer: Sigma Sport Rox 12.0