This article first appeared on Cyclingnews.com
Tom Dumoulin ends his 2017 season with his first Grand Tour victory, a national time trial title, overall victory at the BinckBank Tour, a team time trial world title and the individual time trial world title, which comes with the honour of donning the rainbow skinsuit for the 2018 season.
Dumoulin's stellar season has been defined by his time trialling ability, raced aboard the Giant Trinity Advanced Pro TT. The bike is equipped with an electronic Shimano Dura-Ace groupset and aerodynamic wheels from Shimano's component brand Pro.
While Shimano components offer the shifting and wheels, Giant's highly integrated bike results in almost all of the finishing kit and cockpit coming exclusively in-house from the Taiwanese bike manufacturer. Fouriers provides the stopping power and Vittoria supplies the Corsa tubular tyres.
During the time trial at the World Championships, Dumoulin was equipped with a Shimano Dura-Ace R9000 series crankset paired with a Pioneer power meter.
The predominantly flat course was followed with an ascent of Mount Fløyen in Bergen, Norway, where Dumoulin opted for a 56t outer chainring and 39t inner chainring, which was paired with a more traditional 11-28 cassette.
Ahead of the 2018 season, Dumoulin has switched the crankset to a Shimano R9100-P power meter crankset (photographed), opting for a 55/42t chainring combination. It is expected that Team Sunweb will run the power meter from Shimano across its range of road racing and time trial bikes.
- Frame: Giant Trinity Advanced Pro TT
- Fork: Giant Aerodrive TT Advanced Grade Hybrid Fork
- Front brake: Fouriers
- Rear brake: Fouriers
- Brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace TT
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9000 series
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R-671
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P with integrated power meter, 175mm crank length, 55/42t chainrings
- Rear wheel: PRO Textreme Disc
- Front wheel: PRO Textreme 3-spoke
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa tubular
- Handlebars: Giant Trinity Composite base bar with Ski Bend, 400mm
- Stem: Giant Trinity integrated
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9000 series
- Seatpost: Giant Trinity Composite
- Bottle cages: Giant Aerovault System
- Computer: n/a
- Rider weight: 69kg
- Rider height: 1.85m
- Saddle height (from bottom bracket): 805mm
- Seat tube length (c-t): 545mm
- Tip of saddle nose to centre of bars: 560mm
- Top tube length (c-c): 608mm