After two years at LottoNL Jumbo, Wilco Kelderman debuted in Team Sunweb colours at the 2017 Santos Tour Down Under. Playing the role of team leader he took ninth place in the General Classification in Adelaide.
- Tech gallery: Tour Down Under
- WorldTour team bikes: everything you need to know
- 10 clever hacks used by World Tour race mechanics
This year, the Dutchman is riding a Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 in a size M/L (57cm top tube), with a complete Shimano Dura-Ace R9070 Di2 transmission and a pretty standard 53-39t front, 11-28t rear gearing combo.
As with the majority of the teams, Sunweb has not yet received the new R9170 groupsets or wheels.
Team Sunweb is one of the only teams running Pioneer power meters, which utilises strain gauges on both cranks to read left and right force direction with power recorded every 30-degrees around the pedal stroke.
Rather than running a Pioneer headunit, Kelderman is running Giant’s new Neotrack computer, which appears to be a re-badged Bryton Rider 530. For ultimate accuracy there is also a RideSense ANT+ sensor hidden on the inside of the chainstay.
Giant provides all the touch points with Kelderman using 420mm Giant Contact SLR bars attached to a 110 Contact SL stem and Contact SLR Forward saddle. The ‘Forward’ refers to Giant's saddle fitting system, which is based on the rider’s natural pelvic contact angle. The Contact SLR Forward saddle is designed to suit riders whose pelvis is rotated forward verses those who are naturally in a more neutral or upright position.
Finally, Kelderman is rolling on Shimano’s C-50 wheelset, which is fitted with Vittoria 25c tubular tires.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, size M/L
- Fork: Giant Advanced SL
- Stem: Giant Contact SL, 110mm
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SLR, 430mm
- Tape: Giant Contact
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace (172.5mm) 53-39 tooth with Pioneer power meter
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace C50
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa tubular, 25mm
- Saddle: Giant Contact SLR Forward
- Seatpost: Integrated
- Bottle cages: Elite Ciussi
- Rider's height: 1.85m / 6ft
- Rider's weight: 65kg / 143lb
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 770mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 715mm
Click or swipe through the gallery above to see more of Kelderman’s bike.