Industry Nine has release three new disc-specific road wheels with 65mm, 45mm and 35mm-deep carbon rims. Each wheelset is built with Industry Nine's US-made hubs with either Centerlock or 6-bolt rotor compatibility. The inner rim width is constant throughout the rim depths at 21mm.
- Industry Nine's wider and stronger Trail270 wheelset
- Industry Nine Backcountry 450 27.5 Plus Wheelset review
- Industry Nine rolls out PillarCarbon BC360 wheelset
Industry Nine carbon, disc-brake road wheelset options
- Front Axle: QR 100mm, 9x100mm, 12x100mm, 15x100mm
- Rear Axle: QR 135mm, 10x135mm, 12x135mm, 12x142mm
- Driver: Shimano/SRAM HG, Campy 11-speed or SRAM XD-R, 6-degree engagement
- Recommended Tire Type: Tubeless or Clincher
- Bearings: Steel, ceramic available
I9.65 Disc wheelset
Industry Nine claims its i9.65 Disc wheelset has less drag than Zipp's stalwart 404. Industry Nine partnered with Reynolds Cycling and tested its wheels in the A2 Wind Tunnel in Mooresville, NC. To read more about I9's test procedures and protocols, check out the Google doc here.
Supporting the reported aerodynamic prowess, I9 boasts that the i9.65 Disc is the "fastest everyday road disc wheel on the planet" with stable and predictable handling.
- Weight: Pair: 1,555g (715 / 840g); Rim: 485g
- Recommended Tire Width: 23mm - 28mm
- £1,730 / $2,400 / AU$3,000
I9.45 Disc wheelset
Industry Nine claims the i9.45 Disc wheelset is aimed at all-around riding. With a 21mm inner rim width, the North Carolina company recommends tire widths between 23mm and 32mm.
- Weight: Pair: 1495g; (685 / 810g); Rim: 440g
- Recommended Tire Width: 23mm - 32mm
- £1,692 / 2,350 / AU$2,942
I9.35 Disc wheelset
The i9.35 Disc wheelset is claimed to be the go-to wheelset for riding in windy conditions.
With a recommended tire width of up to 40mm, the i9.35 Discs seem like a good choice for a lightweight, gravel-racing wheelset. It should be noted that with the low weight comes a 108kg (240lbs) rider weight limit.
- Weight: Pair: 1,355g; (615 / 740g); Rim: 380g
- Recommended Tire Width: 23-40mm
- £1,655 / $2,300 / AU$2,877
Mix and match
Industry Nine also sells mismatch wheelsets, including a 35mm/45mm pair or a 45mm/65mm pair.
And like all wheelsets offered by Industry Nine, custom colors are offered for the hubs and nipples. Additionally, Industry Nine has partnered with custom sticker company Stikrd for further customization.
For more information, check out Industry Nine's site.