Hailing from Portugal, Nelson Oliveira started his season in the extreme heat of the Tour Down Under.
- New year, new gear — pros don the latest kit at the first WorldTour race of the season
- Inside the race: AG2R La Mondiale at the Tour Down Under
Riding for Movistar, the team's bikes haven’t changed much for 2018 bar the paint job, which sees the fade from light- to dark-blue as one of the smartest looks in the pro peloton this year.
With a full Campy Super Record EPS drivetrain, save for the direct-mount brakes, which are only available up to Record. At the cranks, the Movistar team is once again using Power2Max NG power meters, and Oliveira is spinning 53-39T chainrings and 172.5 cranks.
Riding Canyon’s H36 Aerocockpit CF bar/stem combo, Oliveira’s one-piece cockpit measures 410mm across at the bars and 120mm at the stem. The entire Movistar team is using Garmin Edge 1030’s for 2018, and the team even has custom mounts out in front.
Making the ride even more lustworthy, Oliveira is rolling on colour-matched Campy Bora Ultra 50 hoops with 25mm Continental Competition Pro LTD tubulars glued on.
The touch-points are made up of Lizard Skins DPS bar tape and a Fizik Arione R1 Open saddle.
All up, Oliveria's Canyon Aeroad tipped our scales at 7.12kg.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Canyon Aeroad CF SLX, Size S
- Fork: Canyon Aeroblade SLX
- Handlebar/Stem: Canyon H36, 410mm wide, 120mm long
- Tape: Lizard Skins DPS
- Front brake: Campagnolo Record Direct Mount brakes
- Rear brake: Campagnolo Record Direct Mount brakes
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Brake/shift levers: SUPER RECORD EPS ERGOPOWER CONTROLS
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record 11-29T
- Chain: Campagnolo Super Record
- Crankset: Campagnolo Super Record, 53/39T, 172.5mm, Power2Max NGO powermeter
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50
- Tyres: Continental Competition Pro LTD tubular, 25mm
- Saddle: Fizik Arione R1 Open
- Seatpost: Canyon S27
- Bottle cages: Elite Cannibal
- Rider’s weight: 67kg
- Rider’s height: 1.8m
- Saddle height, from bottom bracket (c-t): 730mm
- Seat tube length: 508mm
- Tip of saddle nose to centre of handlebars: 570mm
- Head tube length: 130mm
- Top tube length: 549mm
- Total bike weight: 7.12kg
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a detailed look at the Movistar riders race bike.