We often don't cover special edition bikes because they're essentially a marketing exercise that's of little relevance to the general bike buying public. However, the RCC Canyon Ultimate is a particularly lovely looking thing, and while it's exclusive and expensive, it's a whole lot more affordable than your typical halo superbike.
- Watch this bike live its best life as a musical instrument
- The best Black Friday 2017 deals for cyclists
- The Top 5 road superbikes
The bike is limited to 50 pieces and is available only to Rapha Cycling Club members, who will be given the chance to buy it on a first-come, first-served basis.
(Club membership will set you back £135 for a year. If you drink enough of the free coffee at the clubhouse you could conceivable recoup that, but your body may not thank you.)
The paintjob is the work of designer Patrick Wylde-Mafham, and it's distinctively Rapha-eque, with a fade and pink highlights that match current RCC kit.
Buyers will receive a bike inscribed with their personal RCC number and chapter logo.
With a price tag of €7,000 / £6,260 / $8,207 / AU$10,748, the RCC Canyon is expensive but hardly obscene, especially when you compare it to other luxury brand tie-ins such as that Aston Martin Storck we featured a couple of weeks ago.
Rapha × Canyon full spec
- Sizes: 2XS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL
- Weight: 6.35 kg (size M )
- Frame: Ultimate CF SLX
- Fork: Canyon One One Four SLX
- Headset: Canyon | Acros
- Wheels: Zipp 404 NSW
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red eTap, 11-speed
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red eTap, 11-speed
- Brake/shift levers: SRAM Red eTap, 11-speed
- Brakes: SRAM Red
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1190 11/28
- Cranks: SRAM Red,11-speed
- Chainrings: 52/36
- Chain: SRAM PC1190, 11-speed
- Bottom bracket: SRAM GXP press-fit
- Cockpit: Canyon H36 Aerocockpit CF
- Handlebar tape: Canyon Ergospeed gel
- Saddle: Fizik Antares R5
- Seat post: Canyon S13 VCLS CF (15 - 35 mm setback)
- Tyres: Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II