Last year, Ridley's Noah SL Disc debuted as one of the first disc brake-equipped aero bikes. Between its focused efficiency and wind-cheating profile, the Noah SL garnered more than a few wins under WorldTour team Lotto-Soudal and its superstar sprinter Andre Greipel.
So how does Ridley improve upon that? By making it even more aero, of course.
- Ridley Noah SL Disc Ultegra Di2 review
- Gallery: Rafa Valls' Ridley Noah SL
- Norco Tactic SL Disc Ultegra review
Ridley Noah SL Disc Aero+ features
- Noah SL Disc, 60, 40, 30T high-mod, UD carbon, 12x142mm rear thru-axle frame
- Noah SL Disc, 40, 30, 24T high-mod, UD carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle fork
- Available with Shimano Ultegra Di2 or Shimano Ultegra mechanical groupsets
- Mechanical or electronic groupsets compatible
- Hydraulic or mechanical disc brake compatible
- Frame weight: XXS 970g / XS 1,010g / S 1,030g / M 1,060g / L 1,090g
Making an aero bike even more aero
The difference between the already aero Noah SL Disc and the new Aero+ version is fully integrated shifter and brake cables.
Ridley CEO, Jochim Aerts, noted: "The external cable routing was accountable for a majority of drag around the cockpit area. Eliminating that is a a big improvement to the already race-winning recipe."
To achieve this, the new fork utilizes what Ridley calls a Cable Management Section. Basically, the steerer tube of the fork is flattened into a D-shape to allow the cables to be run through the house-brand Forza bar/stem combo and down into the frame.
With the unique cockpit and fork, Ridley claims the internal cables have no affect on the steering, and the cables and housing can be swapped out with no special tools required. Ridley also alleges that the system adds no weight to the bike.
Ridley Noah SL Aero+ pricing and availability
The Noah SL Aero+, complete with an Ultegra mechanical drivetrain, DT Swiss R32d Spline wheels and Forza Cirrus Pro integrated bar/stem, will start at €4,899. Pricing for GBP and USD was not yet determined.
Availability of both complete bikes as well as framesets is slated for the beginning of 2018.