Exhibited among products from Hope Technology at this year's Core Bike Show was this record-breaking land speed bike. Still dirty from its record-breaking venture on the sands of Pendine, this is officially the fastest bike in Britain. We take a closer look at Guy Martin's custom Rourke.
For those who aren't already familiar with this machine, this was the bike that Isle of Man TT racer Guy Martin pedalled to 112.94mph while travelling in the slipstream of a 1,000hp racing truck, breaking the British record for outright speed on a bicycle in the process.
The frame is the work of UK-based custom builder Jason Rourke of Rourke Handbuilt Cycles, constructed from Reynolds 853 tubing it features a unique fixed, twin-chain drivetrain complete with two custom 60-tooth chainrings.
The succesful record attempt took place at Pendine Sands, South Wales, and was one of several that Guy attempted to break during his Speed television series that recently aired on Channel 4. Take a flick through our image gallery for more details on this record-breaking rig.
- Frame: Custom Rourke Reynolds 853
- Fork: Rourke custom disc
- Headset: Hope
- Stem: Hope XC
- Handlebars: Easton flat alloy
- Grips: Funn
- Front brake: Hope M4 Evo front disc brake and floating rotor
- Rear brake: None
- Brake levers: Hope Tech Evo / Shimano Deore Mechanical
- Chain: 2x SRAM
- Crankset: Hope custom with 2x 60T chainrings
- Bottom bracket: Hope X2
- Wheelset: Mavic EN521 rims on Hope Pro 2 Evo / Hope custom left hand drive fixed rear hub
- Front tyre: Continental Top Contract 26xin
- Rear tyre: Continental Top Contract 26x2in
- Saddle: Fi'zi:k Gobi XM
- Seatpost: Hope Eternity