On the back of an Olympic Gold Medal and an XC World Championship, Nino Schurter’s 2017 race season has started with a bang, with the Swiss rider bagging wins at Cape Epic and the first round of the World Cup in the Czech Republic — his 21st World Cup win in total.
- Nino Schurter’s Scott Spark RC 900
- Nino Schurter's Scott Spark 700 RC with SRAM Eagle
- Scott Spark 900 RC SL First Ride review
Just before the Olympics last year, Scott redesigned the Spark from the ground up, and with the accolades the bike has already earned, it’s clear the Swiss brand got something right.
For his 2017 World Cup debut, Schurter was riding a special 'Gold Edition' of the Spark RC 900.
The frame is made with Scott's top-end HMX carbon and each of Schurter’s World Championships, and his Olympic win, are commemorated along the top tube — if he keeps on the same track, he’s going to need to start riding a bigger frame.
At the front, Schurter is running the new 100mm Sid WC fork complete with a carbon crown and tapered steerer tube. However, with the Spark’s new Trunnion Mount rear suspension design, the Swiss rider is running what appears to be a de-stickered Fox shock.
Being that Schurter's bike is a ‘Gold Edition’, SRAM's XX1 Eagle drivetrain is very fitting, but the gold doesn't stop there. His DT 240 hubs get a bit of bling, as do the wheels, only marked with a DT Swiss decal, and #Goldstandard — though we believe they’re the latest DT Swiss XMC 1200 Spline Carbon 29 rims.
It seems Ritchey has missed an opportunity to complete the motif by not commissioning a gold set of Ritchey WCS v6 for this ride.
Schurter has swapped Ritchey finishing kit for Syncros this year, and his bike sees a Syncros XR1.0 SL Carbon saddle, which of course says Schurter's name in gold, as well as an extremely aggressive -25-degree stem that would be near impossible for a mere human to comfortably ride with.
- Frame: Scott Spark RC 900 Carbon HMX SL Custom
- Fork: Rockshox SID World Cup Carbon / Charger Black Box Damper / Boost / 100mm
- Rearshock: Rockshox Deluxe Black Box / 100mm
- Remote: SCOTT TwinLoc
- Stem: Syncros XR1.5
- Handlebar: Syncros FL1.0 SL Carbon T-Bar
- Seatpost: Syncros FL1.0 SL Carbon
- Saddle: Syncros XR1.0 SL Carbon
- Grip: Syncros Foam
- Pedals: Ritchey WCS v6
- Rear: Derailleur SRAM XX1 Eagle
- Shifter: SRAM XX1 Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM XX1 Carbon Eagle
- Chain: SRAM XX1 Eagle Gold
- Cassette: SRAM XX1 Eagle Gold / 10-52T
- Brakes: SRAM Level Ultimate
- Wheels: DT Swiss XMC 1200 Spline Carbon 29”
- Tyres: Maxxis Aspen 2.25 x 29
- Bottle: Cage Topeak shuttle cage carbon
Check out the gallery at the top to see more of the world champ's race bike.