With all British fans’ eyes on Bradley Wiggins at Paris-Roubaix this year, it was his Team Sky teammate Luke Rowe who rode to the better finish, coming eighth in the Roubaix velodrome at the Hell of the North.
Video: Luke Rowe's Tour de France Pinarello Dogma K8-S
On Tuesday, the Tour de France will tackle a number of pavé sectors on stage four, and Rowe and many others will be racing the same bikes and the same style of wide tubulars they used back in April.
The 25-year-old will be riding the Pinarello Dogma K8-S elastomer-suspended frameset that the Italian company launched this year at the spring classics. The DSS1.0 elastomer suspension system gives the rear wheel 10mm of vertical travel.
Just as important are the plump FMB tubulars handmade just for the event.
Check out all his mechanical details below, and click through the gallery for a closer look at the bike Rowe will use in support of team leader Chris Froome for the cobbles of stage four of the Tour de France.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Pinarello Dogma K8-S
- Fork: Pinarello Dogma K8-S
- Stem: Shimano PRO, 141mm
- Handlebar: Shimano PRO
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Sprint shifter buttons: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11-25T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 53/44T, 175mm
- Power meter: Stages Cycling
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Wheels: Shimano Dura-Ace C50
- Tubulars: FMB Paris-Roubaix, 27mm
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Other: K-Edge Garmin mount and chain catcher
- Rider's height: 183cm (6ft)
- Rider's weight: 71kg (157lb)
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 82cm
- Tip of saddle to centre of bar: 62.5cm
- Saddle-to-bar drop: 13cm