Pro bike: Mark Cavendish's Specialized Venge (video)
By Sam Dansie | Thursday, June 27, 2013 7.00pm
Mark Cavendish unveiled his special edition Specialized Venge after taking the 100th win of his career at the Giro d’Italia stage 12 in Treviso in May Sam Dansie/Future Publishing
Mark Cavendish is a hot favourite to win the opening stage of the 2013 Tour de France on Saturday. If all goes to plan, the 28-year-old will swap his new British National Champion’s jersey for the maillot jaune in Bastia, Corsica. However, while his jersey colour might change to yellow, the green-accented Specialized Venge beneath the Omega Pharma-QuickStep rider likely won’t.
The metallic frame is a nod to his green jersey victory in the 2011 Tour, and has since become a defining colour in his new brand, CVNDSH, unveiled in the aftermath of his 100th career victory at the Giro d’Italia in May.
Cavendish has a long association with Specialized (and the Venge in particular), going back to his days at HTC when he first debuted the aero frameset at Milan-San Remo 2011. According to Chris Riekert, of Specialized’s global marketing department, Cavendish says it’s the fastest bike in the world.
BikeRadar is not responsible for the
content of external websites
Watch our video on the Venge below, and check out our image gallery of the Manx Missile’s green machine.
Please install Adobe Flash player to view this content
Video: Chris Riekert on the Specialized Venge
Complete bike specifications
- Fork: Specialized S-Works SL4
- Headset: Specialized S-Works
- Stem: Zipp 145 SL (120mm c-t-c )
- Handlebar: Zipp Service Course SL (44cm outside to outside)
- Tape: Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix
- Front brake: SRAM Red
- Rear brake: SRAM Red
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red Yaw
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red
- Levers: SRAM Red DoubleTap
- Cassette: SRAM Red XG1090 (11-26T)
- Chain: SRAM Red PC 1091
- Cranks: Specialized S-Works (170mm)
- Power meter: Quarq for SRAM
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
- Pedals: Look Keo 2
- Wheels: Zipp 808 Firecrest
- Front tire: Specialized ProTour Turbo All Around tubular
- Rear tire: Specialized ProTour Turbo All Around tubular
- Saddle: Specialized S-Works Toupe (143mm)
- Seatpost: Specialized Venge carbon
- Rider height: 1.75m (5ft 8in)
- Rider weight: 69kg (165lb)
- Saddle height, from BB (c-t): 691mm
- Seat tube length, c-c: 487mm
- Tip of saddle nose to c of bar: 533mm
- Top tube length (virtual): 537mm
- Complete bicycle weight: 6.89kg (15.2lb)
You can follow BikeRadar on Twitter at twitter.com/bikeradar and on
Facebook at facebook.com/BikeRadar.
can also improve your fitness and train with us on training.bikeradar.com.